Project Cost Management
Project Cost Management
Project Cost Management is a discipline involving a wide range of activities to measure cost and productivity, such as:
This is done through the full life cycle of projects. At enterprise level, a portfolio view is used to manage the overall company assets.
Effective project cost management requires the use of standardized processes and dedicated cost management software to ensure that an accurate and reliable insight is given into the project progress and status. In general, the following aspects determine the success of a project:
People: Cost engineering demands teamwork and cooperative working
Processes: Clearly defined, systematic but pragmatic ways of working
Tools: Powerful but simple tools that aid communication and systems thinking
Cleopatra Enterprise was built with these aspects in mind. It provides an integrated software solution for total cost management, covering cost estimating, budgeting and cost control. Dedicated interfaces are built-in to align with planning tools, such as Primavera P6.
With Cleopatra Enterprise it becomes possible to follow the processes as defined in the Total Cost Management framework. Total Cost Management (TCM) is the effective application of professional and technical expertise to plan and control resources, costs, profitability and risk. Simply stated, TCM is a systematic approach to managing cost throughout the life cycle of any enterprise, program, facility, project, product or service. The TCM Framework is a representation of that systematic approach.
As an independent and reliable provider of total cost management software for more than 20 years, Cleopatra Enterprise has been a stable factor in an otherwise turbulent market.
Budgeting & Forecasting
- Manage costs, quantities, duration and hours for any number of budget types and revisions
- Smart link budgets and forecast with Cleopatra Estimating or other cost estimating software
- Maintain cash flow forecasts including revenues
- Apply performance measures for scenario forecasting
- Manage escalation and contingency rundown
- Control your changes during execution phase via dedicated Change Register
- Changes can be estimated and imported from the Cleopatra Estimating module
- Approve changes through the approval process
- Adjust progress and manpower plan
- Trend analysis in order to mitigate early warnings
- Link changes with contracts/purchase orders
Actuals & Commitments
- Minimize data handling through smart integration with designated business rules
- Import actuals and commitments from ERP Systems and timesheets
- Dedicated SAP integration
- Analyze status of actuals (accruals, spent, invoiced)
- Classify actuals and commitments for easy reporting